The below listed military related handbooks are available for online viewing, printing and\or downloading from National Resource Directory (NRD.gov) sources. The National Resource Directory (NRD) is a website that connects wounded warriors, service members, veterans, retirees, their families, and caregivers to programs and services that support them.
(NOTE: Most of the handbooks listed are in PDF format. If you do not have necessary PDF, etc., viewer software installed, click here to get free viewer software.)
- Military Handbooks - 2014 After the Military Handbook - Provides information to help Service Members transition to civilian life. Serving as a guide on life after the military offering insight and helpful resources.
- Military Handbooks - 2014 Benefits for Veterans & Dependents - Provides information on benefits for Veterans and their dependents.
- Military Handbooks - 2014 Getting Uncle Sam to Pay for Your College Degree - Covers everything you need to know about the G.I. Bill, tuition
- Military Handbooks - 2014 Guard & Reserve Military Handbook - Learn about serving in the National Guard and Reserves and all the benefits offered, including pay and enlistment bonuses, allowances, employment rights, education and training, health care, and retirement.
- Military Handbook - 2014 Military Children's Scholarship Handbook - Contains all the latest information about getting a college degree.
- Military Handbooks - 2014 U.S. Military Handbook - Gives updated information on military pay, allowances, installations, benefits, TRICARE, social security and other important resources.
- Military Handbooks - 2014 U.S. Military Retired Handbook - Find helpful information on military benefits to assist Service Members who have retired or are planning to retire. Learn about computing retirement pay and all the other entitlements available to Veteran and their families.
- Military Handbooks - 2014 Veterans Healthcare Benefits Handbook - Written for veterans, the Veterans Healthcare Benefits Handbook gives you everything you need to know about: how to apply, veterans service centers, choosing a facility, changing a facility, second opinions, prescriptions and more.
- Army OneSource - Managing Deployment - Provides online tools and resources to help families handle deployment. Includes a Soldier/Spouse Checklist, Deployment Survival Handbook, Army Guide to Family Readiness Group Operations, Deployment Health and Family Readiness Library and more.
- A Survivor's Guide to Benefits - A handbook from the Department of Defense for the families of deceased Service Members.
- Handbook for Injured Service Members & Their Families - Offers a handbook published by the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund that outlines benefits, rights and resources available to Service Members and their families to help with financial, medical, educational, employment, legal and other needs
- Navy Casualty Assistance - Contact Navy casualty personnel toll-free at (1-800-368-3202).
- Navy Family Preparedness - Navy families must be prepared for various emergencies- with or without their Service Member. This handbook provides vital information to ensure families are prepared as their own "first responders" and includes information on creating a Family Emergency Plan, completing Emergency Contact Cards and compiling an Emergency Supplies Kit.
- Navy Mutual Aid Association - Provides life insurance and annuity products, assists Service Members and survivors in securing federal benefits and provides education on financial security matters.
- Navy Region Northwest Individual Augmentee (IA) Support - Find information and resources for IA's and family members in the Navy Northwest region. Resources include contact numbers, handbooks and links.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Offers information about the training and education needed for hundreds of different jobs, as well as earning potential, job search tips and job market information in each state.
- Preparing for Deployments - Provides articles on how to prepare for deployment in all Services, an online handbook for dealing with deployment while your loved one is away, and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Servicemembers' and Veterans’ Group Life Insurance (SGLI\VGLI) Handbook - Learn about SGLI\VGLI, including general provisions, accelerated benefits option,
- Social Security Administration - Homelessness Resources - Find information on SSA programs, including guides, handbooks, benefits eligibility
- Talking With Patients About Cognitive Problems - Information from the National Institute on Aging offers specific techniques that can help
TRICARE - Handbooks - Find resources available to answer questions about TRICARE programs, policies and procedures, or if you need assistance coordinating care for a TRICARE beneficiary. Additional Online TRICARE Manuals are also available.
- TRICARE SMART - Presents TRICARE educational materials that can be viewed, printed or downloaded. Publications include TRICARE briefings, fact sheets, handbooks and more.
- USSOCOM Family Readiness Group (FRG) Information - Find information on FRGs, family readiness, housing, Tricare, military and family life consultants, medical clinics, handbooks, childcare and more.
- VA - Home Health & Hospice Care Reimbursement - Provides a handbook about hospice care reimbursement for caretakers of Veterans.
- VHA Handbook 1010.01 - Care Management Policy of Returning Veterans - Establishes roles to transition health care from DoD to VA for severely ill and injured Service Members and Veterans who served in Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) or Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF).
- VHA Handbook 1173.3 - Amputee Clinic Teams and Artificial Limbs - Details procedures for administering amputee clinic teams and providing artificial limbs to Veterans.
- Wounded Warrior Entitlements Handbook - Learn about pay and entitlements for Service Members injured in a combat zone and receiving medical treatment at military facilities outside of the zone.
- Wounded, Ill & Injured Compensation & Benefits Handbook - Gives seriously ill and injured Service Members and their families a quick reference guide to information during recovery, rehabilitation and reintegration
- Wounded, Ill & Injured Compensation & Benefits Handbook Android Mobile App - This Android Mobile App gives ill and injured Service Members and their families a quick reference guide that can help with their recovery, rehabilitation and reintegration. The electronically-published handbook includes information about medical care, DoD pay and allowances, VA and DoD disability compensation and much more.
SOURCE: National Resource Directory at https://www.nrd.gov